Apple’s new update has fixed many issues including the search feature in apps, photo sharing via messages, background apps management, and many more minor enhancements and bugs.
The trend of delivering considerably more instantaneous updates this year than usual continues. As iOS 13.2.3 is the eighth installment in a row that Apple has delivered to its users since the latest iOS 13 was released in September. iOS 13.2.3 comes only 11 days after the iOS 13.2.2 update.
In their official announcement, they:
- Fixes an issue where system search and search within Mail, Files and Notes might not work
- Addresses an issue where photos, links and other attachments might not display in the Messages details view
- Fixes an issue that could prevent apps from downloading content in the background
- Resolves issues that may prevent Mail from fetching new messages, and fail to include and quote original message content in Exchange accounts
Background apps management has been one of the major issues in iOS 13. Apple previously had decided to stop so many apps running in the background. Many users were complaining that the iPhone was killing background apps aggressively. Apple heard them and provided a fix in the previous 13.2.2 update:
- Fixes an issue that could cause apps to quit unexpectedly when running in the background
However, it looks like Apple believes the problem has not gone. This iOS 13.2.3 upgrade includes another fix that was not allowing apps to download media or file in the background. Now users can move their apps in the background if downloading without fear.
Furthermore, according to Apple, a bug has been removed in Search that was causing issues and no or incorrect search results were showing. The bug was due to Spotlight Search which was interfering with Search feature in Apple’s apps like Mail, Files, and Notes. It is fixed now!
Similarly, certain photos, links, and different attachments shared were not displaying or previewing correctly in iMessage. It has resolved too.
This update addresses the issue of using the Mail app with an Exchange account. Users were facing problems while fetching emails or loading older messages in a thread. Now Mail app will work like any other account for Exchange users.
The size of the update is around 95 MB. The 13.2.3 update can be installed under this pathway: Settings > General > Software Update.
In the future, it is expected that the next update will be a major release i.e. 13.3. Hence, it will be the final update in 13.2.x lineage.
Featured image: Hisrsrtyo/Pxhere