Everyone’s favorite subscription platform Netflix offers hours upon hours of content. It’s a fair game and most likely that you won’t be able to recall everything you’ve ever watched. This is where your Netflix watch history comes in. Once accessed, you’ll find all the Netflix movies and series episodes watched from the account till now. This includes the titles most recently streamed and those that were watched when you first subscribed to the service.
The feature doesn’t just aid you in remembering an obscure film’s title. It can also aid if your Netflix gets hacked. I personally love that users can initiate resetting the platform’s algorithm through Netflix Watch History while recalibrating the recommendations you get on the app.
Table of contents
Viewing and Downloading Watch History
Viewing your watch history is relatively easy. All you’ll need to do is head to the desktop version of Netflix. Then, simply follow these steps to access your history.
- On the Netflix main page, click on the profile image in the top right corner and select “Account.”
- Scroll down to “Profile & Parental Controls” and select the profile for which you want to view the watch history.
- Next to “Viewing Activity,” click on “View.”
- You will see a list of every show or movie watched on the Account.
- If you scroll to the bottom, you can click on the blue “Show More” button to see more viewing history.
- Also, at the bottom of the page, you’ll see a “Download All” button to the right. After clicking this, the data will take a minute to be prepared and then it will download as a spreadsheet.
How to Delete Titles From Your Netflix Watch History
There are multiple reasons why a user would want to delete a movie or episodes from their Netflix watch history. Sometimes sharing an account with your family can be a hassle as you don’t want them to know about your guilty pleasure shows. Some people like to clean up the Netflix algorithm to recommend different kinds of content. Whatever reasoning you may have, there’s an easy way to rid your Netflix watch history of proof that you watched a certain movie or series episode. We show you how below:
- Use your mobile or web browser.
- Head to netflix.com and access your profile via your credentials.
- Near your profile icon (top-right portion of the window), click the drop-down arrow.
- Go for the option labeled Account.
- Access Profile & Parental Controls. Then, look for your profile under that section.
- Use the clickable downward arrow near your profile.
Resetting Your Netflix Watch History
Sometimes, the viewing suggestions may seem too familiar. This mainly comes down to how and what you have spent the last week watching. To establish a fresh recommendation from Netflix, you would need to reset your viewing preferences. This will forbid the application from showing titles based on previous taste or mood.
It can come in handy in multiple situations, especially if you are going through a tough breakup. No one wants to be reminded of their ex-partner every time Netflix pops up, so resetting your profile is a great way to cleanse yourself and start completely new.
Let’s get started. To reset your profile:
- Scroll to the bottom of the My Activity page and select Hide All.
- Next, you will have to confirm your choice but once you do, Netflix will gradually wipe all of your history.
At best, this process will take 24 hours to complete. After that, your Netflix selections will now be completely vanilla again. This allows you to start building your watching profile once more. Clearing your Recently Watched titles on Netflix is a blessing. It’s a reset that stops the service showing you all the things it thinks you want to watch and instead provides a much broader spectrum of titles. Not only is it refreshing but surprising at just how much you’re missing when Netflix thinks it knows better.
Busting The Time Stamp Myth
Many bloggers and websites claim that you can also view the exact time as to when these shows were watched when accessing Netflix Watch History. You can access the date when the content was seen but it will not give you a timestamp. If you are a parent concerned that your child is watching Netflix late at night, there isn’t a way to know for sure. Your best bet to monitor someone’s Netflix activity is by using the device they’d stream on. If it’s an iOS or Android device you can set up app limits. Netflix’s parental controls only allow you to control the maturity rating but not the times that it can be accessed.
How Important is Netflix Privacy?
In a world where multiple people might have access to your Netflix account, it’s important to understand how to access and delete viewing history. It can be an embarrassing moment if a younger sibling can view what you have been watching in your alone time, or worse, if a child starts getting the same explicit suggestions. Other than that, resetting and refreshing Netflix Watch History can enhance your viewing experience on the platform.
Feel free to reach out and let us know if you have any further questions about the topic. We will be happy to address any questions and hope that this article can be an easy guide for beginners.