So you’ve splurged a little and bought your first Apple Watch. But now what? You must be wondering how to connect it to your iPhone. Or how to connect an existing Apple Watch to a new iPhone?
There’s no questioning the Apple Watch’s top-notch features. It is one of the best smartwatches on the market, allowing you to track your physical activity and keep a record of your health. It even helps you take and reject calls and even read text messages.
But in order to enjoy its benefits, you need to sync your Apple Watch to your iPhone. This article tells you how to connect Apple Watch to an iPhone. So, without much further ado, let’s dive right in.
Table of contents
How to Connect a New Apple Watch to an Existing iPhone?
Follow the steps given below to connect a new Apple Watch to an existing iPhone. This is the easiest, quickest and most foolproof method you can use:
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone. You’ll find it pre-installed on your phone. If not, visit the App Store to download it.
- You can even bring your Apple Watch close to your iPhone. An interface similar to the AirPods pairing screen will show up. This will launch the Watch app.
- Tap on Start Pairing.
- Place your phone above your Apple Watch. The watch should line up in the center of the yellow rectangle.
- A message saying, “Your Apple Watch Is Paired,” will show up on your screen, indicating you’ve completed the step.
- Next, decide whether to set up your Apple Watch from scratch or restore your Apple Watch from a backup.
How to Connect an Existing Apple Watch to a New iPhone?
You now know how to connect a new Apple Watch to an existing iPhone. But what if you bought a new phone? Here’s how you can pair an old Apple Watch to a new iPhone:
- Use iCloud Backup to back up your current iPhone.
- Set up your new iPhone. Go to the Apps & Data screen and choose to restore from an iCloud backup.
- Select the latest backup.
- Continue the iPhone setup and unpair your Apple Watch with your previous phone before starting to pair it with the new one.
- Click on Start Pairing.
- Opt to use your Apple Watch with your new iPhone.
- When the setup is finished, the Apple Watch will prompt you to pair it with the new iPhone.
- Tap OK on your Apple Watch, then enter its passcode.
How to Connect Apple Watch to Android Without iPhone?
Although Apple Watch and iPhone are two separate gadgets, the watch cannot function without the phone. Or can it? Contrary to popular belief, it is possible for an Apple Watch to pair with Android. Here’s how you can do this:
- Switch off your iPhone, Android phone, and Apple Watch.
- Remove your SIM card from your iPhone. You can use the SIM card tool to do this.
- Put the SIM card into your Android phone and switch it back on.
- Your Android phone will now be connected to your cell carrier’s network.
- Turn on the Apple Watch.
- Now, both your Apple Watch and Android device are connected to the same carrier.
- You can now enjoy all features of your Apple Watch despite having an Android phone.
Manually Pairing Apple Watch to iPhone
So far, we’ve seen how to connect Apple Watch to iPhone automatically. But there’s a manual way to do this as well. Here’s how:
- Press and hold the side button on your Watch until you see the Apple logo.
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Click on Start Pairing.
- Next, tap on the Pair Manually option.
- Tap on the ‘i’ icon button on your Apple Watch.
- Then select the same name on your iPhone.
- A six-digit code will appear on your Watch.
- Type this code in your iPhone to complete pairing.
- Once this is done, follow the on-screen steps to finish the entire process.
Pairing More Than One Apple Watch to Your iPhone
It might surprise you to know that you can even pair more than one Apple Watch with your iPhone. But it’s not possible to connect an Apple Watch with multiple iPhones.
If you plan to sync a couple of Apple Watched to your iPhone, there are a few things to keep in mind. Remember, watchOS does not allow wearing several Apple Watches simultaneously.
So, even if multiple watches are connected, only one will work. Don’t forget that two or more individuals cannot share an Apple Watch; everyone must have their own. That said, here are the steps to pair multiple Apple Watches to your iPhone:
- Launch the Watch app on your iPhone. As mentioned above, it’s already pre-installed, or you can download it from the App Store.
- Choose the My Watch option.
- Tap on the All Watches option in the upper left corner.
- Next, click on Add Watch.
- Lastly, tap on Set Up for Myself or Set Up for a Family Member.
When you’ve done this, follow the instructions given on the screen to complete the setup. It’s as easy as that.
Getting The Most Out of Your Apple Watch
You can immediately start using your Apple Watch after pairing it. But this doesn’t mean that you’re done. From settings to features, there’s a lot you can customize.
Do you know that you can use your Apple Watch and do some things even when it’s not paired with an iPhone? Just connect it with your Bluetooth headphones and listen to podcasts and music even when you’re on the go.
Now that you’ve read this article, you know how to connect Apple Watch to iPhone. So you can thoroughly enjoy all that your Apple Watch has to offer. Try looking at the best cases for your Apple Watch to protect it and further amplify your experience. Happy pairing!